Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Budgerigar food health week: day 7

Vegetable poll results

What vegetables are considered the best among our feathered friends?



Long before I closed the poll, I already thought it might be carrots. They are the absolute top favourite of my budgies as well! Let's have a look at the remaining top 5:

  1. CARROTS
  2. LETTUCE
  3. BROCCOLI
  4. BEANS / CUCUMBER
  5. PAPRIKA / TOMATO
What I learn from this, is that a lot of budgies are crazy about carrots, lettuce and broccoli. I remember trying out lettuce on my budgies last week, and they were queuing up in front of it! It might be a good thing to know what vegetables are most popular among budgies, if your budgie is a so-called "seed addict" (a budgie who doesn't want to eat fresh food). You can most likely convince them by offering them small portions of carrots or lettuce to start with. In any other case, it's good to know how you can pamper your budgie in a healthy way! ;) Thanks again to all the people who voted! You helped me a lot!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you're putting so much work into finding the ultimate budgie vegetable. You're the best ;)

    ReplyDelete