Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Budgie blog on Summer Holidays

Photo © Alan in Belfast
It's that time of the year again! Please note that there will be few to no postings from July 28 - August 16. I'm on Summer holidays and will move into a new place shortly afterwards. Will be back online as soon as I have internet again :)

I would like to share another video with you before I go. Did you know that forty five budgies were camping out in Belfast last Summer? The PS2 gallery had two windows looking in on the budgie-sized caravans built out of nesting boxes that inhabit the manufactured landscape (see picture above). There was also a pool, a few wooden ladders, branches and bunting. The budgies were of course a bit shy, but it was clearly putting a smile on the face of passers-by.


Budgie Butlins from Alan in Belfast on Vimeo.

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I LOVE the little campers!

    On that note, we finally found a friend for Chubbs that she hasn't tried to kill and therefore been forced to give away to a friend! His name is Eeyore, he's a little gray budgie. Not an anthracite, as he has bright blue cheek spots, but very close. Already in love with the little guy, and he's only been out of quarantine for 2 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, makes me wish I was there to see it with my own eyes!

    Aww, sounds like a really sweet budgie ^^ I saw a couple of blue/white pied budgies at the pet store last week. I might get them for my birthday, so I hope they're still there in two weeks :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my holidays here and I totally enjoyed it.lopud

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want a budgie now :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer came out, its time to go for holidays. Me and my friends planning for holidays to Bhimtal, Uttarakhand and We have booked resort its a budget and beauty of Bhimtal. You have shared great ideas for Holidays and very interesting video. I have learned lot more from your post.

    Best Holiday Destinations in India | Resort in Bhimtal

    ReplyDelete